Thursday, June 01, 2006

Bombs over Washington

Y'know, its funny. I've been in Washington DC for about a year and a half now, and I had no idea how dangerous it really is to live here! I mean, I see the crime reports, some friends have gotten their bikes ripped off, and I definitely recognize the sound of gunfire when I hear it, but apparently, DC residents are dropping like flies in some sort of massive underground wave of homicides. WTF?
"Despite media coverage purporting to show that escalating violence in Iraq has the country spiraling out of control, civilian death statistics complied by Rep. Steve King, R-IA, indicate that Iraq actually has a lower civilian violent death rate than Washington, D.C."
More then a little concerned for my adopted home, the editors here at the Scourge allowed me to venture out into the wilds of DC for a little investigative photo-journalism. After a harrowing trip around what I thought was our fair city, what I have come across will shock, SHOCK you!
















OMG STEVE KING WAS RIGHT!!! RUN FOR YOUR GODDAM LIVES, PEOPLE!!! Or just read this fact check by Think Progress, and carry on with the rest of your day.