Thursday, June 22, 2006

I'm a prisoner in my own internet!

Though I have been watching, I have yet to post anything about the World Cup because:
  1. as a fledgling soccer fan, I really have little to add
  2. every other blog and news site and little corner of the interweb is already talking about it
Since I am unable to skip out of work to watch today's critical match against Ghana, my roommate and I taped it (that's right - VHS BABY) to watch later. Which means that I have been spending my ENTIRE MORNING trying to avoid finding out the score. Which means no Washingtonpost.com, no New York Times Online. No DCist, DCeiver, or other blogs. I had to sign of gmail chat for fear people will give away the score in their status bar. I have the door to my office closed in case my co workers decide to shout out the score.

Seriously, I am behind bars here. Please don't tell me the score and make it all for nothing.

UPDATE: FUCK!!! Damn loundmouthed interns got me on my way to the bathroom. (I would have peed in a plant, had I a plant...). Anyway, we lost. Now all that is left is to root against Italy, Brazil, and Germany. I'd put France in there, too, but they are sucking like only the French can. With a loud slurp.