Wednesday, April 12, 2006

An open letter to people who drive cars in DC

Click Here for VideoDear DC Drivers,

I thought we had a deal. I don't cross against the light, and you don't kill me in the crosswalk. Apparently I misunderstood.

I am not saying you'll never have a good reason to drive at high speed down Columbia Road with no lights on. I'm sure cold Jumbo Slice tastes really bad. But last night, one of you hit 5 cars and 1 person, who might die. It probably isn't worth it.

In closing, please don't run my neighbors down. Especially not right in front of my building (see map for location). I cross the street there often, walking to work, or Safeway, or Adams Morgan Wine and Spirits. Even though I look both ways and use the crosswalk, you guys always seem to act as if I am just not there. What's the deal with that? Anyway, no more hitting people, OK? People are starting to talk.

Trying to be your understanding friend,
A Militant Pedestrian
(militancy growing daily)