Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Motorcade of generosity

Everywhere in DC, little signs are telling you to "Report waste, fraud, and abuse." It's all part of Bush's "CEO President" schtick. Very endearing, really. There are , signs on every federal wall, buttons on every agency website, and each year, the White House rates the wastefulness, fraudulence, and abusiveness of all the different federal bodies with color coded levels and awkward acronyms.

So let's talk about waste, fraud, and abuse. I saw my first presidential motorcade today. And yes, those are snipers on the roof across the street.











So what's the fuss? Presidents are muy importante and certainly deserve the best security we can muster. Even wildly unpopular presidents should never have to fear for their lives. So I was not upset by the whole production, even when the sniper with binoculars didn't wave back at me.

But then I saw what all this money and security was spent protecting. Not the man, but rather his actions. Because apparently he has now reconciled himself with the fact that he has no fucking idea what he is doing.




I am seriously considering reporting the president for waste, fraud, and abuse. I mean, is he kidding here? Thousands of dollars went into securing an event where the President of the United States spent a solid hour filling the minds of our best and brightest with a whole lot of "I don't know" and "I'll get back to you." This money is officially and completely wasted, he is a clearly fraud, and I feel a little abused.

Now, I'm not suggesting we, er, reallocate the president's security detail. I'm just sayin', keep the guy home more often and save us all a dime... He likes it there better anyway.

UPDATE: 4/11/06 - Sully agrees.
UPDATE2: 4/12/06 - Video. Sweet.